Peter Lieb Still Making CF Parts?

His 'V-4Factory' (lieb-speed.eu) website doesn't allow me to look at parts or put anything in a cart and I've e-mailed him three or four times now with no response...anyone know if he's still making his line of carbon fiber parts for the V4s?

Would like to order some more stuff from him but, well, doesn't seem like I can.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
His 'V-4Factory' (lieb-speed.eu) website doesn't allow me to look at parts or put anything in a cart and I've e-mailed him three or four times now with no response...anyone know if he's still making his line of carbon fiber parts for the V4s?

Would like to order some more stuff from him but, well, doesn't seem like I can.
Hi @MileHayabusa, The last time I spoke to Peter, he was planning to retire, so I don't think he is making CF parts anymore.

Thanks Howard, @BMW Alpina,...I wish he would have posted something on his website as I wouldn't have 'hounded' him.

For those folks who have done carbon on their bikes, any opinion as to which might be consistently 'better', Fullsix or Ilmberger carbon parts? I've got some Fullsix stuff and have been impressed with the quality and will likely continue that path on the V4 R but haven't done anything for the V4 SP2 or SF V4 SP except for some 'Ducati Performance' stuff here and there. Looking to try to match the weave and satin/matte finish as closely as I can and haven't seen any Ilmberger stuff in person.

bp_SFV4

I ordered a Fullsix lower belly pan in matte. It was perfect in every way. Fit just as the stock, no defect or issues at all. I ordered Ilmberger side fairings and nose, from another vendor. The sides arrived with visual defects. Could have been shipping related, I'm not sure. The vendor, Motivation Accessories, thankfully took it on themselves to inspect the parts prior to sending them to me. Replacements would have been a long wait, and again thankfully, they refunded me.

IMO, Ilmberger more closely matches Ducati, as Ilmberger makes Ducati CF. But, I don't think it matters. You can easily use a mild car polish to bring up the gloss level of Fullsix to Ducati CF. I'd consider Ducati CF to be a more satin as opposed to Fullsix's matte.

Motocomposities out of Canada also offers CF in matte which matches Fullsix. But, you may have to do some fiddling to get parts to work. A tail and wings I bought from them fit without issues. A lower belly, sides, nose were failures. A battery cover needed some modification to fit, but it wasn't that bad. Visually, all of the parts looked amazing. The issue was fit. Consider the price they sell a set of CF wings for. There's good value there.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Howard, @BMW Alpina,...I wish he would have posted something on his website as I wouldn't have 'hounded' him.

For those folks who have done carbon on their bikes, any opinion as to which might be consistently 'better', Fullsix or Ilmberger carbon parts? I've got some Fullsix stuff and have been impressed with the quality and will likely continue that path on the V4 R but haven't done anything for the V4 SP2 or SF V4 SP except for some 'Ducati Performance' stuff here and there. Looking to try to match the weave and satin/matte finish as closely as I can and haven't seen any Ilmberger stuff in person.
I mostly used Ilmberger or Peter Lieb or Ducati Performance for the Panigale V4, however I have to buy a FullSix for the rear brake caliper reservoir mount at one point, and their quality is not as nice as the Ilmberger/Peter Lieb/Ducati Performance. I personally think Peter Lieb is still #1, closely followed by Ilmberger/Ducati Performance.

I ordered a Fullsix lower belly pan in matte. It was perfect in every way. Fit just as the stock, no defect or issues at all. I ordered Ilmberger side fairings and nose, from another vendor. The sides arrived with visual defects. Could have been shipping related, I'm not sure. The vendor, Motivation Accessories, thankfully took it on themselves to inspect the parts prior to sending them to me. Replacements would have been a long wait, and again thankfully, they refunded me.

IMO, Ilmberger more closely matches Ducati, as Ilmberger makes Ducati CF. But, I don't think it matters. You can easily use a mild car polish to bring up the gloss level of Fullsix to Ducati CF. I'd consider Ducati CF to be a more satin as opposed to Fullsix's matte.

Motocomposities out of Canada also offers CF in matte which matches Fullsix. But, you may have to do some fiddling to get parts to work. A tail and wings I bought from them fit without issues. A lower belly, sides, nose were failures. A battery cover needed some modification to fit, but it wasn't that bad. Visually, all of the parts looked amazing. The issue was fit. Consider the price they sell a set of CF wings for. There's good value there.
I ordered a Fullsix full subframe/tail for the V4 R and it was basically perfect...one very small flaw that no one but me, with my crazy OCD, would notice and it's getting painted anyway, so it was a non-issue. Probably stick with Fullsix on that bike but most of it is going to be painted anyway, so more concerned with fit than overall finish but I'd still like it to be nicely finished based upon the price paid for this stuff.

Might go Ilmberger on the SF SP and V4 SP2 as those parts will remain 'as finished' outside of some graphics/stickers on them.

I've got a ton of stuff Tekarbon/Motocomposite stuff for some of my other bikes and had the same experience as you...most of the stuff I got was gloss and the finish was great but the inner side panels for a Gen2 Hayabusa wouldn't fit at all without some twisting/bending/tweaking, so I'd consider those a fail also. Went with Magical Racing stuff for the inner side panels and, after waiting 18 months to get them, the finish is amazing and they actually fit. Don't see myself spending the money on any of their stuff for the Ducatis based upon past experience...I'd consider them to be a 'budget' carbon fiber vendor and, ironically, Tekarbon's stuff, who are also out of Canada and which is identical to and likely from the same source as the Motocomposite stuff, is usually 15-30% less expensive than Motocomposites.
I mostly used Ilmberger or Peter Lieb or Ducati Performance for the Panigale V4, however I have to buy a FullSix for the rear brake caliper reservoir mount at one point, and their quality is not as nice as the Ilmberger/Peter Lieb/Ducati Performance. I personally think Peter Lieb is still #1, closely followed by Ilmberger/Ducati Performance.
I agree on the Peter Lieb stuff...so, so nice and I think he makes/made the nicest version of the lower fuel tank protector and mounts far nicer than those that basically 'glue' onto the lower fuel tank.

Sad to hear he's not making things anymore but all good things usually come to an end.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
After putting on both of the these kits "Full six and Ilmberger" Id say Ill give the edge to full six in terms of fitment. Both are very good quality carbon. It does seem Fullsix spends a little more time in the polishing stage before their parts leave the factory. But if you know how to compound and polish the Ilmberger stuff will look amazing as well.

Cheers,