Panigale Vision

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Well I’ve spent all morning and half the afternoon trying to get some pressure in the rear brake. Thought it would have been easy with the direct line from master cylinder to caliper - lines are full and there’s no air anywhere but the lever is still soft with full travel & the pistons aren’t closing. Already had the caliper apart with the pistons out, pulled the master cylinder in pieces and nothing wrong with it so I’m lost.
Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

bp_SFV4

Well I’ve spent all morning and half the afternoon trying to get some pressure in the rear brake. Thought it would have been easy with the direct line from master cylinder to caliper - lines are full and there’s no air anywhere but the lever is still soft with full travel & the pistons aren’t closing. Already had the caliper apart with the pistons out, pulled the master cylinder in pieces and nothing wrong with it so I’m lost.
Any suggestions will be most appreciated.
Did you take the rear caliper off and elevate it above the master for bleeding? Place an object with flat sides slightly wider than the rotor to keep the pads wider than the rotor under pressure. This is more or less how the bleed is done in the manual.

The other option is to reverse bleed, which is to inject the fluid through the bleeder and stopping when you fill the res.

Andy7

Staff member
Thanks @bp_SFV4, done all that and yeh the whole system is flushed so no air is coming out of the caliper. There’s just no pressure which is frustrating coz the whole point of deleting the abs and redoing this was to simplify things so this wouldn’t happen

Andy7

Staff member
Did you try the reverse bleed where you'd be injecting the fluid, in an empty system, through the bleed nipple?
I don’t know what suddenly happened but I took the dog for a quick walk then thought maybe I can crack the banjo at the caliper to make sure there’s no air lock in the line and try again.
Success! Did that, then re-bled from the nipple, one big air bubble came out. Next press of the lever she came good, still some improvement to be found somewhere as I’d like to reduce the lever movement a little further but got a result for now.
Cheers for the tips 🙏🏻

Andy7

Staff member
Pretty good aye
Was hoping to make it down for the 13th & 14th to give it all a good run and see how the new brakes feel but our shearers bloody decided to postpone a week so gonna miss those unfortunately :cautious: Will be back to watch ASBK and ride after that 👌

Andy7

Staff member
Stop fast parts and new wheel all attached after ordering the wrong ti rear disc bolts and waiting to get back to the dealer who ordered my front bolts for me, nice little glimpse of silver thru the wheel there, will see if it does good skids on Tuesday when I’m back at the track 😈

(giving the metzeler RR 200/60 a go this time - see what change I notice from the 200/55)
F7D4F6EE-28B7-47F9-804F-385A02F4F1A3.jpeg
Also decided to just remove the fan, saves a bit of space down low and make accessing the front manifold easier should I want to fiddle.
7014602C-6105-4238-B230-73260C644194.jpeg
As there’s no options for race seats that I liked the look of (+ save myself $500 or so) I decided to make my own while I was feeling creative. Ran out of resin but got the basic shape I’m after so now just reinforce the dog, figger out a way to mount it and add a pad then I’ll pretty much have the ergonomics sorted 🤞🏻
5E8F8712-8767-4E28-B1A1-0C51E683FF20.jpeg

Andy7

Staff member
Smsp review 14/3/23 - it was wet, I managed 5 laps before we got flooded lol.
No chance to get used to the new brakes but the stopping power on the T-drives compared to oem is unreal. I was probably a few seconds down from usual because each corner I’d scrub off more speed than I’m used to much quicker and then be idling for 1/2 a second through the turn before I could pick up the throttle again. Will need a full day to adjust nek time.
Monkey grip tank entender was a big + too. Hanging off was a breeze, so once I have the new seat I reckon Jack Miller better watch out 😆

bp_SFV4

Granted I'm sure you're a lot faster than me, but I've never read such a glowing endorsement of T-Drive rotors.

Andy7

Staff member
Granted I'm sure you're a lot faster than me, but I've never read such a glowing endorsement of T-Drive rotors.
There’s two things I can think of for what I was noticing. Because they’re slightly thicker more heat is maintained - so what I’m experiencing there is a stronger initial bite than I’m used to + the shorter travel for the pistons in the caliper so less force required on the lever. Will upgrade the pads soon as well and see what else I can notice

Andy7

Staff member
New seat done, quality is right in line with products from the corse department 😂
Quite enjoyed coming up with this one, next job: full aero kit with spoiler and ground effect fairings 😝 lol.
5D893617-D1F0-48BD-8D79-5B0F584620F1.jpeg AE296497-4BEA-42B5-984B-D924CCFFB4A2.jpeg

Andy7

Staff member
Couple of updates since last check-in. Some shiny ti caliper bolts just for some extra durability. A new Translogic quickshifter I’m really looking forward to trying out. Hopefully this will provide as seamless gear changes as I was getting with the hm before it failed. Should offer a lot more confidence on track without having that niggling concern about the odd mis-shift I was getting with the stock unit.
21D8F7E6-D414-442E-80C0-41033DCFDECB.jpeg
Kept getting bombarded with ads about the RaceBox mini S and since I was considering a proper lap timer thought I’d take advantage of the presale offer. Curious to see how it performs once I find a spot to mount it as it is a little chunkier than I expected.
82DF240F-339F-4CC1-A538-D0F5B90C9209.jpeg
Not had much luck with my track days this year in terms of quality track time. Hoping now with a few ergo tweaks and some suspension/tyre changes for the next couple ride days toward the end of the month things might start to click a bit.

Been glued to the Isle of Man coverage the last 2 weeks, phenomenal performances from those blokes. Got me dying to get back out to do some more riding again. Would be fascinating to see the weapons MD and Hickman on a Panigale 🚀

PanigalePilot

Staff member
Couple of updates since last check-in. Some shiny ti caliper bolts just for some extra durability. A new Translogic quickshifter I’m really looking forward to trying out. Hopefully this will provide as seamless gear changes as I was getting with the hm before it failed. Should offer a lot more confidence on track without having that niggling concern about the odd mis-shift I was getting with the stock unit.
View attachment 12005
Kept getting bombarded with ads about the RaceBox mini S and since I was considering a proper lap timer thought I’d take advantage of the presale offer. Curious to see how it performs once I find a spot to mount it as it is a little chunkier than I expected.
View attachment 12006
Not had much luck with my track days this year in terms of quality track time. Hoping now with a few ergo tweaks and some suspension/tyre changes for the next couple ride days toward the end of the month things might start to click a bit.

Been glued to the Isle of Man coverage the last 2 weeks, phenomenal performances from those blokes. Got me dying to get back out to do some more riding again. Would be fascinating to see the weapons MD and Hickman on a Panigale 🚀
Andy
I spy some pro bolt caliper bolts there
I expect to see those race wired next time I see you at the track
LOL

Andy7

Staff member
Andy
I spy some pro bolt caliper bolts there
I expect to see those race wired next time I see you at the track
LOL
Yes indeed, pro bolt to the rescue! Bring the 1199 out for a few laps and see how you feel about a track conversion or a new bike afterwards ;)

PanigalePilot

Staff member
Yes indeed, pro bolt to the rescue! Bring the 1199 out for a few laps and see how you feel about a track conversion or a new bike afterwards ;)
I have some nice new caliper bolts sitting on a shelf ready to go in
Might bring the K1300S out for a track day