Multimedia Bluetooth V4

bp_SFV4

I wonder if you'd have to disable it on the old bike before pairing it with a new bike. That's complete speculation though. Only way to know is to plug it in and try.

topolino

OK I managed to enable the bluetooth function on the bike with the OBDStar unit and read the DMS module, however the VIN number stored on it, is that of the bike the dealer connected it to, to originally activate the DMS module. The only way to erase that is at the dealer and reset it to my own VIN. It does not seem to make much difference in terms of function though, as the Ducati Connect app lets me pair my phone with my bike and all the dash functions, such as Last Calls, Player On/Off etc, all work as described. I will have them correct it when I eventually take the bike in for any software updates and to load the Akra exhaust map. There is evidently a lot of functionality on the OBDStar unit and under the 'Special Functions' menu, you can enable/disable a number of items even reset the odometer, though I cannot condone it, if you do. There are also a number of other features you can use, but these may potentially carry some risk to the ECU, so I am leaving them well alone. It is most likely of interest if you want to reset or clear existing error codes, such as a DQS malfunction or a service light or removing an evap canister or Ex servo light (after fitting a different exhaust system). Normally the updated software (such a the T800 or Akra map) will take care of these codes) but if you are fitting something else such as a Spark or Arrow system, this may be of some benefit.

bp_SFV4

even reset the odometer, though I cannot condone it, if you do.
Its not a reset. The BBS, ECU and I think the Dash all track the odometer. With the totalizer functions, you will write the highest mileage on any of the subsystems to all of them. So if you replaced the dash on a bike which had 10k miles with a bike with had 5k, the 5k value would be overwritten with the 10k value. It will always default to the highest mileage.

topolino

Its not a reset. The BBS, ECU and I think the Dash all track the odometer. With the totalizer functions, you will write the highest mileage on any of the subsystems to all of them. So if you replaced the dash on a bike which had 10k miles with a bike with had 5k, the 5k value would be overwritten with the 10k value. It will always default to the highest mileage.
Ah OK that makes more sense. Thanks for the info.