Multimedia Bluetooth V4

Hra

Hi Guys,

Is it possible to activate multimedia unit 96680711B for the V4 using OBDStar device? I am about to order the multimedia unit but I don’t want a trip to the dealer and the OBDStart has been great resetting services and looking up codes Etc.

bp_SFV4

It should be able to. You can activate the GPS and there's a menu item for the multimedia unit, I just don't have one to verify. I'd also think when they update the software to fully support the 2021 Panigale the heated grips would be there too.

Hra

Thank you bp, that would be great if I can. I‘ll go ahead and order the multimedia unit and let you guys know how it goes.

Jrkk

I just activated gps module with Obdstar.
Sadly my bluetooth unit was activated by dealer, so I can't confirm it.

I'm pretty sure it woks though...it should...:rolleyes:

Jrkk

Ok. Just installed old battery back to test and verify activations.
There is also disabling possibility, so I disabled bluetooth, then logo was gone from bike display, then enabled again and bluetooth logo shows back.

20220405_223309.jpg20220405_223333.jpg20220405_223359.jpg20220405_223408.jpg

bp_SFV4

Awesome! Interesting that its under the BBS module. I suppose it makes sense since I think by OBD-II standards the BBS is a PCM (powertrain control module).

Jrkk

Those are somewhere else also. You can see same things under different units/menus.

Jrkk

I mean that you can find same activations in different menus. Also same error codes in different units. All linked somehow.

bp_SFV4

I mean that you can find same activations in different menus. Also same error codes in different units. All linked somehow.
The sub menus for each item is very similar. When you check for error codes, its if that particular module (ECU, BBS, Dash, Ohlins EC. etc.) have stored an error but its possible an error would appear in more than one place.

This is the same for each menu item.

These menu items are for the controller (ECU, ABS, BBS etc) you accessed. So if you did read data flow, you could see sensor values for that particular module.

1649203607320.png

This is only BBS/Special Function.

1649203642582.png

Last edited:

Max

anyone able to comment the features and true benefit to the multimedia? im interested but ducatis advertising plus lack of videos makes me wonder if its worth over 300

Jrkk

It's not.
Read thread from ducati forum. It's long but full of info.

Max

It's not.
Read thread from ducati forum. It's long but full of info.
i read that but i assumed with updates it may have gotten better. thank you tho

topolino

Ok. Just installed old battery back to test and verify activations.
There is also disabling possibility, so I disabled bluetooth, then logo was gone from bike display, then enabled again and bluetooth logo shows back.

View attachment 8157View attachment 8158View attachment 8159View attachment 8160
Is there the possibility to assign the DMS module to the VIN number, as mine was tested on a Multistrada by the dealer before I fitted it to my bike. I would like to be able to allocate it to my VIN and activate the module in doing so.

Jrkk

I don't quite follow your idea.
It's just a dummy bluetooth device.
Next weekend
I can check if Vin is visible in there.
-Jones

Jrkk

Ok, Vin number is stored to bluetooth module.
So I think it stores it when you enabled it with texa/obdstar.
What it does when there is already different Vin stored into module.
It probably just over writes correct vin when enabling.