MOTOGP Cafe Racer M1100EVO Build

we555

Greeting to all.

Sharing my MOTOGP inspired Cafe Racer build here with some parts that used in MOTOGP bikes. The idea is to build a bike that look timeless classic design with great performance for street use.

The bike will have few stages of build over the next few months….

Aesthetic Reference:

1.png

Performance Reference (Aprilia RSW500):

2.png

Ducati Monster 1100EVO as base:

222.png

Parts on Hand:

Brake System:

3.png
4.png
5.png
6.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
10.png
11.png
12.png
13.png

Dry Clutch System (STM EVO-GP and Custom billet aluminum case set for dry clutch setup):

15.png

Swing Arm (RAM Magnesium Painted Black):

28.png29.png

Wheel (ROTOBOX Bullet):

31.png32.png

To Be Continue

Attachments

we555

Sharing some background of the build:

My home hometown is very close to Sepang International Circuit Malaysia (as teenage, I hang out often at the race circuit during those 2 stroke grand prix era) and I live in Vietnam full time now (motorbike is a strong culture here in Vietnam with about 50 millions bikes in the country).

The 2 stroke V twin 500cc bikes (Honda NSR500V and Aprilia RSW 500) which personally I consider the best power to weight ratio machine for ultra fun riding (with personalize power delivery curve) at approximate 110Kg dry weight with 145Hp at wheel!

The very first bike that I bought was a Ducati Monster M400 in 1997 (it was chick magnet and have alot good times back then) and owned a Aprilia RS250 for a brief period of time after the M400. Fast forward to 2022, after the Covid situation, I wanted to custom build a very personalize bike that resemble the mentioned GP bike performance qualities and timeless appearance with enough cool factor to be a chicks magnet bike right here in Vietnam. I was extremely lucky to be able bought an ultra rare M1100EVO in Vietnam with the help of Ex Ducati Vietnam senior technical engineer.

After many facts finding over the web, I am really please that I can or very close to what I want to achieve in term of aesthetic and performance target. To confirmed it, I have got the M1100EVO completely disassemble the M1100EVO and weighing individual key component level. There will be lots of custom made parts to achieve the goal.

Target Performance for the build:

Horse Power & Torque: 138HP @ 145 Nm (Custom ECU Mapping, STM, NCR & Kamna with 1160cc big bore kit & billet cylinder head, titanium rod....etc).

Dry Weight approximate 113Kg:
- Engine: 50kg (performance light weight parts from STM, NCR & Kamna with 1160cc big bore kit & billet cylinder head, titanium rod....etc).
- Frame & Sub Frame: 6Kg (custom titanium).
- Front Suspension Set: 11Kg (fork, triple clamp & clip on bar).
- Front Brake Set: 4kg (caliber & pad, disk, master cylinder brake & clutch).
- Rear Suspension Set: 9Kg (shock absorber, swing arm with axle & hub, sprocket set).
- Rear Brake Set: 0.8Kg (caliper & pad, disk, master cylinder brake).
- Air Box & Filter: 1kg (custom carbon fiber)
- Fuel Tank: 2kg (custom carbon fiber)
- Electronic Set: 3Kg (Wiring Harness, ECU, Battery).
- Front Wheel Set: 7kg (Rim & Tyre)
- Front Wheel Set: 9kg (Rim & Tyre)
- Exhaust System: 2.5Kg (Ducati MOTOGP & custom header full titanium).
- The rest: 7kg (Chain, Headlight, Screws, Seat, Stand...etc) maximum use of titanium & carbon fiber parts

To obtain maximum reduction of unsprung weight & extremely low gyroscopic force with carbon fiber wheels, DMC ceramic brake disc, ceramic bearing, titanium axles, aluminum hub..... etc.

Stage 1 assembly works will start on 27 Jun 2022 and will post the in progress works photos and weight measurement here...

To be continue.......

Wish everyone a great week a great day!

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Sharing some background of the build:

My home hometown is very close to Sepang International Circuit Malaysia (as teenage, I hang out often at the race circuit during those 2 stroke grand prix era) and I live in Vietnam full time now (motorbike is a strong culture here in Vietnam with about 50 millions bikes in the country).

The 2 stroke V twin 500cc bikes (Honda NSR500V and Aprilia RSW 500) which personally I consider the best power to weight ratio machine for ultra fun riding (with personalize power delivery curve) at approximate 110Kg dry weight with 145Hp at wheel!

The very first bike that I bought was a Ducati Monster M400 in 1997 (it was chick magnet and have alot good times back then) and owned a Aprilia RS250 for a brief period of time after the M400. Fast forward to 2022, after the Covid situation, I wanted to custom build a very personalize bike that resemble the mentioned GP bike performance qualities and timeless appearance with enough cool factor to be a chicks magnet bike right here in Vietnam. I was extremely lucky to be able bought an ultra rare M1100EVO in Vietnam with the help of Ex Ducati Vietnam senior technical engineer.

After many facts finding over the web, I am really please that I can or very close to what I want to achieve in term of aesthetic and performance target. To confirmed it, I have got the M1100EVO completely disassemble the M1100EVO and weighing individual key component level. There will be lots of custom made parts to achieve the goal.

Target Performance for the build:

Horse Power & Torque: 138HP @ 145 Nm (Custom ECU Mapping, STM, NCR & Kamna with 1160cc big bore kit & billet cylinder head, titanium rod....etc).

Dry Weight approximate 113Kg:
- Engine: 50kg (performance light weight parts from STM, NCR & Kamna with 1160cc big bore kit & billet cylinder head, titanium rod....etc).
- Frame & Sub Frame: 6Kg (custom titanium).
- Front Suspension Set: 11Kg (fork, triple clamp & clip on bar).
- Front Brake Set: 4kg (caliber & pad, disk, master cylinder brake & clutch).
- Rear Suspension Set: 9Kg (shock absorber, swing arm with axle & hub, sprocket set).
- Rear Brake Set: 0.8Kg (caliper & pad, disk, master cylinder brake).
- Air Box & Filter: 1kg (custom carbon fiber)
- Fuel Tank: 2kg (custom carbon fiber)
- Electronic Set: 3Kg (Wiring Harness, ECU, Battery).
- Front Wheel Set: 7kg (Rim & Tyre)
- Front Wheel Set: 9kg (Rim & Tyre)
- Exhaust System: 2.5Kg (Ducati MOTOGP & custom header full titanium).
- The rest: 7kg (Chain, Headlight, Screws, Seat, Stand...etc) maximum use of titanium & carbon fiber parts

To obtain maximum reduction of unsprung weight & extremely low gyroscopic force with carbon fiber wheels, DMC ceramic brake disc, ceramic bearing, titanium axles, aluminum hub..... etc.

Stage 1 assembly works will start on 27 Jun 2022 and will post the in progress works photos and weight measurement here...

To be continue.......

Wish everyone a great week a great day!
Hello we555,
Your build is one of the most extreme build at DUCATImodified.com for sure (y)
Can't wait to see more updates and learn ( a lot) from you build. :D

we555

Stage 1 Weight
58.6 kg - Original engine with STM EVO-GP dry clutch system and oil cooler radiator
7.9 kg - Original main chassis frame
4.8 kg - Original sub chassis frame (cut short for single seat)
3.46 kg - RAM Magnesium Swing Arm (Painted Black), mono-block 1.5Kg lighter and 12mm longer compare with original Swing Arm to improve traction & stability.
0.36 kg - Sicom DMC rear brake disk 245mm
0.3 kg - Brembo GP rear billet X20.60.01 with brake pads
2.8 kg (Approximate) - Original rear axle and hub
2.35 kg - Custom Ohlins TTX GP rear shock
2 kg (Approximate) - Original wire harness
2.8 kg - CNC Racing front fork triple clamp set
8.8 kg - Custom Ohlins FGR fork set

New Parts yet to be received within 10days:BD
1. BDS Titanium Rear Axle and Aluminum Hub
2. Wiring Harness Set
3. STM clutch slave cylinder, Titanium Wire clutch cover, Racing oil breather.

To be continue..........

we555

Stage 1 Weight
58.6 kg - Original engine with STM EVO-GP dry clutch system and oil cooler radiator
3.46 kg - RAM Magnesium Swing Arm (Painted Black), mono-block 1.5Kg lighter and 12mm longer compare with original Swing Arm to improve traction & stability.
2 kg - Original air box with filter
4.1 kg - Original fuel tank with fuel pump
9.7 kg - Rotorbox Bullet CF rear wheel with Pirelli Rosso 4 tyre size 190
8.7 kg - Rotorbox Bullet CF front wheel with Pirelli Rosso 4 tyre size 120 with 2 Sicom DMC front brake disc 330mm
1.5 kg - ABS pump
1.3 kg - Rear sets
1.5 kg - Sproket set

2. Wiring Harness Set
3. STM clutch slave cylinder, Titanium Wire clutch cover, Racing oil breather.

New Parts yet to be received within 21days:
1. Ceracarbon FGR300 with custom tune by Ohlins

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 01.46.54.png

To be continue..........

we555

Stage 1 Weight
2 kg - Original air box with filter
4.1 kg - Original fuel tank with fuel pump
9.7 kg - Rotorbox Bullet CF rear wheel with Pirelli Rosso 4 tyre size 190
8.7 kg - Rotorbox Bullet CF front wheel with Pirelli Rosso 4 tyre size 120 with 2 Sicom DMC front brake disc 330mm
1.5 kg - ABS pump
1.3 kg - Rear sets
1.5 kg - Sproket set
1.8 kg - Original Cable Harness set
1.8 kg (Pair) - Brembo GP front billet XA8D1E0 & XA8D1E1 with brake pads

2. STM clutch slave cylinder, Titanium Wire clutch cover, Racing oil breather.

New Parts yet to be received within 21days:
1. Ceracarbon FGR300 with custom tune by Ohlins

To be continue.....