Lowered Ducati 1199 in the mountains

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dude_Mungus,

I just watch your entire video (it's my lunch break here in California 😀) and I feel like I was riding with you. Thank you for sharing the video, it was really a good scenery, good road, good bike and good experience with the cop.

Super nicely made video which brings me to some questions:
a. May I know the brand and model of your front and rear camera that you use?
b. Your rear camera looks like it can track the object. was it an automated (motorized) tracking or you manually move it (with a remote on your handlebar perhaps)? What system allow you to do that?

Also, I admire your ability to hold back the urge to keep up with the 2 other riders who know the corners more than you. I don't know if I can do that (anywhere), that is why I am not riding my bike 😅

I want to share a story with you,...
Back in maybe early to mid 1993, I just received my Practice permit from DMV for motorcycle and about to use that permit so I can buy a CBR900 RR the following weekend.
However right after I got my practice permit, I heard that my friend (we were all freshman at Santa Monica College at that time), just got into accident on his brand new CBR600 up in Angeles Crest the previous weekend (similar road and scenery like in your video).
My friend was a new rider with a new bike, driving on road that he never ride before with a group of friends who were experience with their bike and know the roads well.

He fall behind and try to catch up, so he took other lane (oncoming lane) on a blind corner where a Jeep suddenly came out and direct frontal impact.

He broke many bones in his body including his pelvis from hitting the gas tank (the gas tank also broke) and was transferred to a hospital in Glendale using helicopter. Somehow he survived but due to his injuries, he got to return to his home country and unable to continue his study.
I visited him in the hospital and right away I tear my practice permit and decided not to buy the CBR900 RR.

Of course few years later, the trauma from watching my friend at hospital fades away and I end up getting another practice permit, buy my 1995 916 and was riding crazy and lucky enough to survive.
But the point is, again I really admire your ability to hold back the urge to keep up with your nephew and your friend, its very hard (y)

Regarding your lowered bike, I agree with your observation that you won't feel too much difference because the road is smooth (so not much suspension travel needed to absorb bump) and you are riding at a very safe pace.

Thanks again for sharing the video @Dude_Mungus 😃

Dude_Mungus

Hi Dude_Mungus,

I just watch your entire video (it's my lunch break here in California 😀) and I feel like I was riding with you. Thank you for sharing the video, it was really a good scenery, good road, good bike and good experience with the cop.

Super nicely made video which brings me to some questions:
a. May I know the brand and model of your front and rear camera that you use?
b. Your rear camera looks like it can track the object. was it an automated (motorized) tracking or you manually move it (with a remote on your handlebar perhaps)? What system allow you to do that?

Also, I admire your ability to hold back the urge to keep up with the 2 other riders who know the corners more than you. I don't know if I can do that (anywhere), that is why I am not riding my bike 😅

I want to share a story with you,...
Back in maybe early to mid 1993, I just received my Practice permit from DMV for motorcycle and about to use that permit so I can buy a CBR900 RR the following weekend.
However right after I got my practice permit, I heard that my friend (we were all freshman at Santa Monica College at that time), just got into accident on his brand new CBR600 up in Angeles Crest the previous weekend (similar road and scenery like in your video).
My friend was a new rider with a new bike, driving on road that he never ride before with a group of friends who were experience with their bike and know the roads well.

He fall behind and try to catch up, so he took other lane (oncoming lane) on a blind corner where a Jeep suddenly came out and direct frontal impact.

He broke many bones in his body including his pelvis from hitting the gas tank (the gas tank also broke) and was transferred to a hospital in Glendale using helicopter. Somehow he survived but due to his injuries, he got to return to his home country and unable to continue his study.
I visited him in the hospital and right away I tear my practice permit and decided not to buy the CBR900 RR.

Of course few years later, the trauma from watching my friend at hospital fades away and I end up getting another practice permit, buy my 1995 916 and was riding crazy and lucky enough to survive.
But the point is, again I really admire your ability to hold back the urge to keep up with your nephew and your friend, its very hard (y)

Regarding your lowered bike, I agree with your observation that you won't feel too much difference because the road is smooth (so not much suspension travel needed to absorb bump) and you are riding at a very safe pace.

Thanks again for sharing the video @Dude_Mungus 😃
Aye yooo duuuude I truly appreciate you sharing this story with me. I can only image how difficult your friends situation must have been ...wow . I also understand everyone has different skill levels. im very comfortable with mine & try my best to stay with in those lines. Especially when I don't know an area . Im currently using a gopro hero 9 as my helmet camrea with the gopro max as my rear camrea which is a 360 camrea.