layed black V4

layed_black

Hey all,

I am Max and after reading all of your work here is my little modification journal. :giggle:
I am from germany, so please be kind to me if I won't write in perfect english πŸ˜‚

In march '21 I bought a 2019 V4 which was in 03/2020 first registrated. I wanted a V4 without the wings. She was in typical Ducati red. Everything stock. I guess you guys don't need a picture to imagine how she looked a this point πŸ˜‚
I brought her to my ducati dealer and he painted her in black. She got oem Ducati stickers. Only in the front she got a italien ducati logo. It is the same from the tail. My little personalisation, so I can recognize her πŸ˜‚

She also got:
- a dark smoked windshield from MRA
- carbon frame covers
- an arrow exhaust and the eliminator
- a black racefoxx fuel cap
- a Ducati alarm system ( I love that :love:)
- Rizoma handlebar ends in black
- a short license plate holder
- Ducati performance indicator which I shorted a little bit

Next week the mirror indicators will be a little darker coated ( is that the right word? don't know..)
And the magnesium parts in the front will get black too.
I already ordered Gilles rear set, black wheel nuts back and front from duca bike, short levers from pazzo of course in black too, cnc racing grips and a carbon alternator cover. I'll show you when it's installed :giggle:
Don't know if I want to add some more carbon pieces. I am not that biiig carbon fan, but I think some parts would be nice. We will see. I would like to hear your opinion :)
Some parts will get black aswell. The side stand for example. But this will happen in the next winter. And with the next chain swap I will buy a black sprocket. Aaand the clutch cover will become black in the next weeks.
If I win or find some money I'll buy those moto corse parts. I am in love with them. In HKMP7s thread I found things I should never seeπŸ˜‚ Now they are on my bucket list πŸ™ˆ

If you have some ideas or inspiration for me - let me know :giggle: But no colors. The only color is black my friends πŸ˜‚ My helmet, leather suit etc. are also black :cool:

I guess that is enough text for today. :giggle:
Some pictures for you at the end

back.JPGfront 3.JPGfront.JPGSeite 2.JPGSeite klein.JPGseite.JPG

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi Layed_Black,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks so much for starting your build thread πŸ˜ƒ
I can see that you have similar color preference with HKMP7 (y)
By the way, if you are interested in having your side stand black, you might want to consider buying the Superleggera V4 side stand that is already black from the factory. They are not that expensive, and since they were painted from the Ducati factory, their level of finish will be at factory quality. πŸ€“

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Hi Layed_Black,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks so much for starting your build thread πŸ˜ƒ
I can see that you have similar color preference with HKMP7 (y)
By the way, if you are interested in having your side stand black, you might want to consider buying the Superleggera V4 side stand that is already black from the factory. They are not that expensive, and since they were painted from the Ducati factory, their level of finish will be at factory quality. πŸ€“
You mean like this one lmao

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi Layed_Black about a decade ago (E90 era) I was planning to modify my car (at that time I was still in my original country of origin) using Alpina parts, and start posting at online forum using this forum name.
However, I haven't had a chance to actually own a real Alpina (especially in the USA, it only available as 7 series model), so not yet πŸ˜…
But hopefully someday.
Wow you have a very classy and nice convertible, I see you also had the lower front air dam/spoiler from Alpina too (beside the wheel of course) 😍

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Very nice @layed_black. Taking the blackout theme to a whole new level! The gloss finish looks really menacing - since you mentioned carbon fibre have you considered a carbon belly pan and exhaust shield? A bit more β€˜bling’ in those areas might streamline the bike some more πŸ€”πŸ˜
Oh and top triple clamp and clip ons πŸ˜‰
(It’s easy to spend other people’s money when they ask for suggestions haha)

layed_black

@BMW Alpina Ahh, I didn't know that the USA only have the 7 series. That's a bit sad..

Yes, there are just a little Alpina differences to a regular E46. In the interior too. But that's what I like. Bit of understatement. :giggle:

@Andy7 yeah, I did. And I think the exhauhst shield is the one I go with. I think the plastic cover looks a bit cheap. But here we are. There's a lot of plastic things which looks cheap and could be replaced with fancy carbon stuff. πŸ™ˆ

@HKMP7 I knew, when you're doing cars you're doing it right πŸ˜‚ And damn. This looks sick. So clean. Breathtaking. Congrats, good choice!

BTW. Is my english understandable? Or is like a school kid? πŸ˜‚ FIrst time wrighting in a english forum

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
@BMW Alpina Ahh, I didn't know that the USA only have the 7 series. That's a bit sad..

Yes, there are just a little Alpina differences to a regular E46. In the interior too. But that's what I like. Bit of understatement. :giggle:

@Andy7 yeah, I did. And I think the exhauhst shield is the one I go with. I think the plastic cover looks a bit cheap. But here we are. There's a lot of plastic things which looks cheap and could be replaced with fancy carbon stuff. πŸ™ˆ

@HKMP7 I knew, when you're doing cars you're doing it right πŸ˜‚ And damn. This looks sick. So clean. Breathtaking. Congrats, good choice!

BTW. Is my english understandable? Or is like a school kid? πŸ˜‚ FIrst time wrighting in a english forum
Thanks
I think we all understand what you mean. Shit English is my first language and sometimes I don't speak or type it that well lol.

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Nothing to worry about, you’re doing well writing in a second language.
We get a lot of Germans working on our farm as backpackers and their English is always great. You guys must pay more attention in school than I did πŸ˜…

layed_black

Cheers friends,

today I got some little changes on my V4.
- a black clutch cover
- gilles rear sets
- short pazzo levers
- cnc racing grips
- ducabike wheel nuts front and back

Still a few things left. But I guess this changes makes me happier πŸ˜‚

Yesterday I already installed the black clutch cover and wasn't happy as I should be. I didn't get the wow effect. I compared it to the stock clutch color. But today, with the gilles, it's way more wow. Now I need to cover the alternator to get the color away. Or back to stock color with the gilles? Don't know. What would you guys do?
At the beginning I wanted to black everything. Black red is boring during the time. Ten years earlier I was a big fan of it. But now? No..
All black is still my way to go. And I would like to see how it looks with the carbon alternator cover and maybe some black MotoCorse parts.
Sorry, I'm confused πŸ˜…

Ahh, and I forgot. The color in the front got black also :cool: That's cool. That's a big change in my opinio, :giggle:

Greetings from germany πŸ‘‹
1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG