Hi all, 1299 Newbie here.

JJ1299SX

Hi all,

Just taken ownership of a base model Ducati 1299, early 2017 model, 3800 miles 1 owner example supplied by Ducati.

While the bike was in the dealership I asked for a full akrapovic ti system to be fitted with correct evo upmap.

Not yet ridden the bike but intend on doing some more modifications over the coming weeks so I may have to rack your brains!

First things first are to swap out some of the plastics for gloss carbon to match the exhaust system, I also have a set of 1198S 7 spoke wheels which are currently at the powdercoaters, I will be fitting these soon.

Look forward to meeting you all,

Cheers,

Jay.

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Awesome bike (maybe I'm a little biased), always nice to see another 1299 owner here šŸ˜

Can't say I've seen a set of those 1198 wheels on a panigale. What sort of riding do you mostly do?

Araitim

MASTER Builder & Moderator
Staff member
Fantastic bike. The 7 spoke forged wheels would look great on the 1299 but I have to ask why you are powedercoating them? What color? I believe the forged Marchesini wheels are hard anodized (atleast the ones I have are) and the anodizing needs to be stripped first. Depending on process (sandblast/mediablast vs chemical process like oven cleaner)it makes the wheel more fragile. This is where you see complaints of cracks on super expensive forged wheels. I seen it on many Marchesini forged wheels in the supermoto community after sandblasted and coated. I'm not trying to scare or create panic, just curious.

Can't wait to see pics.

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Fantastic bike. The 7 spoke forged wheels would look great on the 1299 but I have to ask why you are powedercoating them? What color? I believe the forged Marchesini wheels are hard anodized (atleast the ones I have are) and the anodizing needs to be stripped first. Depending on process (sandblast/mediablast vs chemical process like oven cleaner)it makes the wheel more fragile. This is where you see complaints of cracks on super expensive forged wheels. I seen it on many Marchesini forged wheels in the supermoto community after sandblasted and coated. I'm not trying to scare or create panic, just curious.

Can't wait to see pics.
Well does not look like we are hearing more about this bike