Gear relearn procedure

bp_SFV4

You do need the dealer tool, DDS 3.0, Texa Navigator, OBDStar iScan Ducati, et al, to initiate the procedure. After that, it's as described in the b. link BMW Alpina posted.

Steven777

You do need the dealer tool, DDS 3.0, Texa Navigator, OBDStar iScan Ducati, et al, to initiate the procedure. After that, it's as described in the b. link BMW Alpina posted.
I think I remember doing it when I changed the gear position sensor, the procedure looks familiar.

Apuca

Hi, so with the OBDStar I was able to set it into reset mode with the flashing C. I am running the procedure. Is it vital for the bike to be warmed up?

Apuca

Alright everyone. I need to serious help here. I have used the OBD star to configure for setting up the reset of th gear position sensor. I have not been successful after trying many times the procedure outlined and attached in one of the posts. in certain instances I do get the gears showing/indicating but they are in the incorrect sequence so I need to turn off the key and restart. In a couple instances the procedure was completed but the gears were in the incorrect sequence. Can I ride the bike in this way hoping the ECU will relearn? I have the Ducati by rizoma rear sets and its setup in GP shift, could that be the issue?

bp_SFV4

Could’ve sworn I've seen the high temp labled side on the outside
I'm sorry, I thought the RFID was on the same side as the high temp. Here is how mine is installed. Lettering is facing out.

1694480836043.png

The ECU will not relearn just from riding. The transmission and gear position sensor doesn't know if the bike is in GP shift or standard since it's just a switch of the mechanical linkage to change it.

IIRC, there's a step the instructions miss. I had to do it a bunch before I got it to take. I last did it over a year ago, but I seem to remember setting up the procedure with the OBDStar, bike was in neutral. Shift down into first, pull the clutch. Shift up into neutral, pull the clutch. Shift up into second, pull the clutch. It's best to slightly turn the rear wheel each time so it changes easily. Keep shifting up until you get to sixth, pulling the clutch each time. It is the clutch switch activation that tells the ECU you shifted. Once you get to sixth, go all the way back down and I can't remember if you stop in neutral or get to neutral then down into first and back to neutral. Clutch lever each time.

Apuca

So I had mine upside down, so I’ll need to turn it around. The procedure says to start in neutral, clutch in then out and then into first. So I’m assuming this is the variant? It seems you made it work so I mi at be closing something incorrectly.

bp_SFV4

That sounds right. Start in neutral, clutch lever then into first. IIRC, there should be some kind of indication on the dash that it recorded the gear correctly.

I had to do it quite a few times before it worked.

Apuca

That sounds right. Start in neutral, clutch lever then into first. IIRC, there should be some kind of indication on the dash that it recorded the gear correctly.

I had to do it quite a few times before it worked.
So I did the procedure the way it says and the gear sequence was all wrong ugh. What step am I missing that you mentioned above?

bp_SFV4

I don't know to be honest. Did you get the sensor mounted right?

I'm busy with work this week, if you don't have it sorted by the weekend I can try to do the procedure on my bike and maybe type the directions or do a video.

Apuca

If you can squeeze it in I can run the procedure live. That would be great: trying to get to a track day Thursday! It’s tight.