Ducati Scrambler 1100 Retro Build

Apuca

I am a "Ducatista" as they say. I've modified and serviced all of my bikes and from time to time undertake projects for my buddies. This Scrambler build was actually my first paid job and will likely not be the last as I truly enjoyed it.

Before

IMG_3360.jpg
After: More to come

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Welcome aboard! Really keen to see what you’ve done with this, the Scramblers look like a lot of fun (esp off sealed roads) and I’ve often wondered how I could butcher one if I got my hands on it 😂

Apuca

Thanks for the warm welcome, its mostly done. Will have some more mods in May depending on the owners wallet :). I will be filling up on a few different forums here as I have the V4, Monster and the Xdiavel. This is an awesome forum, good people with constructive things to add as I've noticed.

Apuca

We really started with a blank canvas here...Most would like the original design of the this bike, but there is always something bringing back to a vintage look. Started with disassembly and identifying which parts would go off to powder coating. 63140386484__2F362F60-FB6F-4F10-A514-E3FE931409EE 2 2.jpg

63227231268__8C4E81A3-11A7-431C-8B4D-6ED390C6B1EA 2.jpg

63150276892__59C2B4FF-801B-42DC-A522-77C1732FC4AE 2.jpg63225238860__D897E08A-280A-4C35-B1B0-8AAF05619C6C.jpg

Evap Canister Removal. Started with some performance mods

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi Apuca,
Thanks so much for creating the first build thread for a Ducati Scrambler in this forum. I have a feeling this is a very involving and detailed build 😃
Is modifying bike will be your main business (starting from this bike) or is it just a side business?
Your garage is very well equipped, bright and clean, and I am really eager to learn more from the multiple modifications that you had done to your bike and this customer bike (y)

Apuca

Hi Apuca,
Thanks so much for creating the first build thread for a Ducati Scrambler in this forum. I have a feeling this is a very involving and detailed build 😃
Is modifying bike will be your main business (starting from this bike) or is it just a side business?
Your garage is very well equipped, bright and clean, and I am really eager to learn more from the multiple modifications that you had done to your bike and this customer bike (y)
Thanks. No its just something on the side, for now. I would love to do this full time as I have some ideas for a shop in the near term