DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Happy New Year!! just cruising by and checking out your bike, I want to say wow!!!!! cant wait to see the final in a video....
Thank you so much @Tsaico

My progress in modifying my 2 Ducatis slow down considerably, due to work load at the office, my new (but old) house need a lot of attention, my cars also need attention, and lately, I am doing a lot of research for my new home audio system...
I guess, I am taking too much task at the same time aka greedy 😅

Anyway, I have a small update, I plan to simplify the way I mount the current RCS Corsa Corta brake and clutch MC so I bought these:
IMG_3295.JPG

I have so many things I still need to install on both Ducatis... I just need time to do it... hopefully in the next 2 or 3 weeks from now, I can focus on MODIFYING my Ducatis again :cool:

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Thank you so much @Tsaico

My progress in modifying my 2 Ducatis slow down considerably, due to work load at the office, my new (but old) house need a lot of attention, my cars also need attention, and lately, I am doing a lot of research for my new home audio system...
I guess, I am taking too much task at the same time aka greedy 😅

Anyway, I have a small update, I plan to simplify the way I mount the current RCS Corsa Corta brake and clutch MC so I bought these:
View attachment 13632

I have so many things I still need to install on both Ducatis... I just need time to do it... hopefully in the next 2 or 3 weeks from now, I can focus on MODIFYING my Ducatis again :cool:
H
My recommendation for subwoofer is a Seaton Submersive made by Mark Seaton in the USA

BMW Alpina

Staff member
H
My recommendation for subwoofer is a Seaton Submersive made by Mark Seaton in the USA
Thanks @PanigalePilot ,

I prefer to avoid using subwoofer and just using 2 main speakers. I feel that a pair of good main speaker should have enough bass on it self, without help from subwoofer.
A few years ago, I had the Bowers & Wilkins 804D3 for a year or so, but I sold them because they don't have enough bass, and too much treble. Mostly cause their 2 x 6.5" woofer per speaker is not powerful enough to balance their diamond tweeter, plus the midrange drivers in 804D3 was a smaller 5" diameter, instead of the regular 6.5" midrange in the larger 800 series.
I could partly solve the bass issue by buying a subwoofer, but I decided against it, because it still will not solve the issue with "thin" midrange.

I plan to purchase the Bowers & Wilkins 801D4 or Focal Maestro Utopia Evo (both have 2 x 10" woofer per speaker) or Magico S7 (with 3 x 10" woofer per speaker) for my system, because they should have enough bass extension and tonal balance so I don't have to use a subwoofer.
Currently I am using a pair of JBL L100 Classic Mk2 (each speaker has 12" woofer) as a temporary speaker.
I haven't heard the sound of my JBL since I don't have the amp to drive it yet, and for sure, it won't have the "imaging," "resolution", or bass extension of an 801D4, but I think the JBL should be a fun speaker for now until I can get the 801D4 or the Focal Maestro Utopia Evo.

I am also waiting for my McIntosh MA12000-AN 75th anniversary integrated amplifier that is currently on the way from the McIntosh factory in New York to my dealer,
so, hopefully, in 2 weeks, I can start listening to music "properly" again while working on my bikes 😉

Oh, the McIntosh has tone control (8 band Eq), which is enough to adjust the bass/midrange/treble if needed.
My new Technics SACD/Internet Streamer is also coming from my dealer to me as we speak.

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Thanks @PanigalePilot ,

I prefer to avoid using subwoofer and just using 2 main speakers. I feel that a pair of good main speaker should have enough bass on it self, without help from subwoofer.
A few years ago, I had the Bowers & Wilkins 804D3 for a year or so, but I sold them because they don't have enough bass, and too much treble. Mostly cause their 2 x 6.5" woofer per speaker is not powerful enough to balance their diamond tweeter, plus the midrange drivers in 804D3 was a smaller 5" diameter, instead of the regular 6.5" midrange in the larger 800 series.
I could partly solve the bass issue by buying a subwoofer, but I decided against it, because it still will not solve the issue with "thin" midrange.

I plan to purchase the Bowers & Wilkins 801D4 or Focal Maestro Utopia Evo (both have 2 x 10" woofer per speaker) or Magico S7 (with 3 x 10" woofer per speaker) for my system, because they should have enough bass extension and tonal balance so I don't have to use a subwoofer.
Currently I am using a pair of JBL L100 Classic Mk2 (each speaker has 12" woofer) as a temporary speaker.
I haven't heard the sound of my JBL since I don't have the amp to drive it yet, and for sure, it won't have the "imaging," "resolution", or bass extension of an 801D4, but I think the JBL should be a fun speaker for now until I can get the 801D4 or the Focal Maestro Utopia Evo.

I am also waiting for my McIntosh MA12000-AN 75th anniversary integrated amplifier that is currently on the way from the McIntosh factory in New York to my dealer,
so, hopefully, in 2 weeks, I can start listening to music "properly" again while working on my bikes 😉

Oh, the McIntosh has tone control (8 band Eq), which is enough to adjust the bass/midrange/treble if needed.
My new Technics SACD/Internet Streamer is also coming from my dealer to me as we speak.
great taste in motorcycles and hifi 👍

Spooky

I use ATC active speakers - no worries with amp matching and they sound pretty awesome. I’d only change them for the same but higher up the range. I’ve been using a Chord Dave and M-Scaler with Auralic Aries G2.1 streamer but I’m going to sell the Chord stuff as I downgraded to an Auralic Vega G2.1.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Thanks @PanigalePilot and @Spooky , for the kind words and audio suggestion.

On related audio topic,
This past few weeks, I have been busy working on upgrading my house's electricity/wiring (especially some electric outlets showing that no ground was connected). It turns out, somehow, the old house owner combined the ground to the neutral terminal in several electric outlets, causing my testing equipment to show no ground (ground fault).
Then I also had to drive 800 miles in 1 day to pick up my McIntosh integrated amp a few weeks ago...
Then more work with upgrading the electrical outlet socket to hospital grade 20amps outlet.
I still have more electrical works to do in the next few weeks, but I will try to also continue working on my 2 bikes...

However, I found out that working a lot with Titanium bolts can bring good inspiration 😉

So last year, my office was doing some cleaning up, and the R&D dept. decided to throw away many precision billet/machined/CNC aluminum parts... When I saw it, I told them, I will take the parts that I like and they can throw the rest (that I don't like).
Found a lot of treasure, including several Titanium tube, but the nicest parts are these 4 pillars and thick aluminum plate (picture below). So I then ask my younger son to mirror polish all of these parts:
IMG_3818.JPGIMG_3820.JPG

Then, I buy some nice Titanium Nuts, Drilled Washer and Bolts from RaceTech Titanium. (I can buy from ProTi for the bolt, but in this case, they will be hidden from below, plus I don't want to wait a few weeks for ProTi bolts to arrive):
Beside the Drilled Washer from RaceTech Titanium is the PERFECT diameter and only them have it. ProTi/ProBolt don't have this type of drilled Titanium Washer in this size. Not to mention the Titanium Nuts from RaceTech Titanium has such a gorgeous design:

IMG_3821.JPG
I used this Titanium hardware to secure the 4 pillars below the thick aluminum plate:
IMG_3830.JPGIMG_3831.JPG

IMG_3839.JPGIMG_3840.JPG

And now my one of a kind RECYCLED Precision CNC Machined Billet Aluminum amp rack is ready for my McIntosh MA12000 75th anniversary edition integrated amp 😎, they do look mesmerizingly classic:
IMG_3861.JPGIMG_3880.JPG

Oh... and since then, I also spent a lot of time just chilling, relaxing, listened to music... that is also why I am so behind with my 2 Ducati projects 😅

Monsta

Another Weekend, Another Updates:

I install the rest of the ENGINE ProTi Titanium Bolts, this time for the lower belly pan.
I have "extra" ProTi Titanium Bolts, so I also install for the Oil Filter Cover (the original lower belly pan bolt from ProTi does not include this 3 bolts).
I also replace several mounting bolts like to mount the plastic Canister on the left side or the housing for the right exhaust valve with the "extra" ProTi Titanium Bolts.
Oh, also the rear cylinder coil bolts (and I will order more bolts for that center cylinder head breather cover). I think I also going to remove the upper radiator so I can access the front cylinder coil too.
At that time, I think I need to be reasonable and not get too carried away (although now I let my self get carried away 😅:
View attachment 486View attachment 487
View attachment 488View attachment 489

Then, since I plan to install my 17RCS Corsa Corta Master Cylinder along with the Bike Sport Development Switch next week, I decided to DRAIN all brake fluid directly from the ABS.
(I also plan to replace the Banjo bolt on the ABS with ProTi Titanium Banjo bolts plus my new obsession with the cooper nickel solid/hardline upgrade 😀),
so if I start draining it now, hopefully by next weekend, all brake fluid will be mostly drained... (still need to be careful if some left in the brake line, don't want to have any chemical marks from the brake fluid).

View attachment 490View attachment 491
View attachment 492View attachment 493
View attachment 494
I’m doing the proti hardware on my oil pan right now what was the toque you used on your oil pan?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I’m doing the proti hardware on my oil pan right now what was the toque you used on your oil pan?
Sorry for the late response, been busy with many things as usual...
I put 10Nm of Torque for the bolts on the oil pan.

Monsta

Sorry for the late response, been busy with many things as usual...
I put 10Nm of Torque for the bolts on the oil pan.
Thanks for the reply. I spoke with the Ducati mechanic at my dealership and 5nm +/-10 percent is what I used. I told him the process I used was replacing one for one and the seal was not disturbed. I did follow your advice on the bolts that needed sealant. No leaks at all yet it’s been two days. Bikes full of oil I’m gonna heat cycle it today a couple times.

IMG_7579.jpeg