D200 exhaust ID of the silencers.

HeloA&P

I am working on modding my 4 USCite undertail portion to fit the termi cans. I need to adapt up the 4UScite header to fit the ID of the D200 silencers but am not 100% certain what the ID of those silencers are.

I believe they could be 54-56mm, but that is a fairly large spread. Any advice is appreciated. Attached are pictures of the Moc up.IMG_5632.jpegIMG_5633.jpeg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
I am working on modding my 4 USCite undertail portion to fit the termi cans. I need to adapt up the 4UScite header to fit the ID of the D200 silencers but am not 100% certain what the ID of those silencers are.

I believe they could be 54-56mm, but that is a fairly large spread. Any advice is appreciated. Attached are pictures of the Moc up.
Hello, from your picture, it seemed that you already had the D200 silencers in your hand. If that is the case, it's best to measure the ID yourself using a digital calipers.
I fit a Termignoni universal silencers to my SC-Project WSBK undertail exhaust, and I had to perform some grinding to make them fit, even the ID and OD was pretty close (after I measure).

HeloA&P

Those are cheap carbon silencers I used for testing the routing and mounting locations. Obviously I would have measured them if they were in my hand.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I see, if that is the case, and if you really want to use the D200 Silencers then my suggestion is to just buy them.
If the diameter difference can be fixed with some grinding, than it will be easy.
But if the diameter difference is too much, then you can have a professional muffler shop (many works with Titanium) to create an adaptor between the D200 and the 4USCITE pipe.
That is my plan for adapting my Motocorse 60.5mm full system exhaust for my 998 to my 58mm Termignoni silencer for 1198, using an adapter pipe.

HeloA&P

Jeez man… I asked a simple question. I’ve already ordered them just trying to obtain data. Sorry to have bothered you.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Jeez man… I asked a simple question. I’ve already ordered them just trying to obtain data. Sorry to have bothered you.
Why did you get upset? (by saying JEEZ MAN?)

I know you asked a simple question, but it is obvious that no one here has the answer (about the diameter) for you (at least not until today). So I don't want to feel your question was being ignored, and just try to be a good host of this forum.

You did NOT mention that you ORDERED the D200 silencers when you started your post, so I did not know that you had already ordered them.

Normally, it's best to find information first before you order something... but since you already ordered it, then (from what I see), you only have 2 solutions:
a. Either return it, (or resell it on eBay) if it doesn't fit, or...

b. Modify it to make it fit.
(Thus, my response about me grinding to make it fit or making an adapter pipe (for my 998) is even more relevant to your current situation, where you already bought them).

Here is why,
I checked the ID spec online and double-checked with the Termignoni distributor before I bought my Termignoni Silencers. They gave me their ID measurement for the universal Termignoni silencer. Based on this information, it should be a tight fit, so I ordered.
However, once it arrived, it did NOT fit my SC-Project WSBK exhaust pipe, and I needed to do some fine grinding to make it fit. Yes, my experience was based on 2 different brands, but in theory, it should not matter much if I received super-accurate ID information.
I want to share this possibility with you based on my experience with Termignoni.

HeloA&P

Why did you get upset? (by saying JEEZ MAN?)

I know you asked a simple question, but it is obvious that no one here has the answer (about the diameter) for you (at least not until today). So I don't want to feel your question was being ignored, and just try to be a good host of this forum.

You did NOT mention that you ORDERED the D200 silencers when you started your post, so I did not know that you had already ordered them.

Normally, it's best to find information first before you order something... but since you already ordered it, then (from what I see), you only have 2 solutions:
a. Either return it, (or resell it on eBay) if it doesn't fit, or...

b. Modify it to make it fit.
(Thus, my response about me grinding to make it fit or making an adapter pipe (for my 998) is even more relevant to your current situation, where you already bought them).

Here is why,
I checked the ID spec online and double-checked with the Termignoni distributor before I bought my Termignoni Silencers. They gave me their ID measurement for the universal Termignoni silencer. Based on this information, it should be a tight fit, so I ordered.
However, once it arrived, it did NOT fit my SC-Project WSBK exhaust pipe, and I needed to do some fine grinding to make it fit. Yes, my experience was based on 2 different brands, but in theory, it should not matter much if I received super-accurate ID information.
I want to share this possibility with you based on my experience with Termignoni.
Dude, I’m an aerospace engineer with NASA, a certificated aircraft mechanic with inspection authorization, and have over 20 years experience in my field.

I have no questions regarding how to adapt the silencers I have ordered to the manifold I have modified. There are a multitude of options to do just that. Why I asked the question is to determine exactly what method I should use and order the supplies necessary instead of waiting for the parts to show up In three weeks.

I do not mean to seem upset, what bothered me possibly was how I interpreted your responses. This could be culture or personality driven. I clearly see now you care to give good advice, just sometimes the advice provided doesn’t necessarily help answer the question.

I was not asking for help determining if the parts can fit, or how to make them fit, or even what I should do if I cannot adapt them to fit with a high degree of quality.

I simply just need to know the diameter of the manifold on the D200 system, and accept gladly if no one here knows that. I ah e asked on other forums as well, and will likely have a response and solution made by the weekends end.

I look forward to posting the results of the finished product here.

that said… I actually ordered 4 of those cans. I haven’t decided if I want all 4 for my V4 to make work with the 4Uscite system, or 2 on the upper manifolds on the v4 and two to potentially replace the cans on my V2 Reparto corse force exhaust.

I appreciate the time and care you put into hosting this forum. Thank you

I’ve added pictures of the mods I am debating on the v4.

I'm also tempted to weld up a custom set of Ti manifolds based on the 4Uscite design.

Time is the hardest thing to find when doing all this work

IMG_5621.jpegIMG_5628.jpegIMG_5631.jpeg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Thank you for the detailed information, and I am looking forward to this amazing project.
Yes, please help share your project with us so we all can learn, and totally agree, it's hard to find time to work on our bike.

If I can guess, the D200 silencers should have a larger inlet diameter than your 4USCITE outlet diameter.
Mainly because the D200 exhaust system only have 2 silencers to cope with the exhaust gas flow for all 4 cylinders.
While the 4USCITE have 4 outlets for 4 cylinders so, in theory, those 4 outlets should be smaller in diameter for the same gas flow.

But if the D200 silencers turns out have the same ID as the 4USCITE, that can only mean the 4USCITE has potential for larger exhaust flow than then D200.

The other dilemma is, if you only use 2 D200 silencers under the tail but keep the original 4USCITE silencers for under the engine, would it create uneven back pressure between the front and rear cylinder banks?
What do you think? Maybe this is why you also thinking of doing a custom manifold (following 4USCITE) design?

HeloA&P

I have ordered 4 of the silencers all will be replaced.
Two surprisingly showed up today. There inlet diameter of the silencer is 51mm, the od of the 4uscite is 49mm. A small adapter is all that is needed on both the top and bottom manifolds.

Still some mounting work to be done and the spring tabs to be welded on the manifold. I’m happy with the product so far.

IMG_5640.jpegIMG_5642.jpegIMG_5641.jpegIMG_5639.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: