Build Thread

Steven777

Thank you for letting me know. You save me from a lot of troubles. Plus my opinion is the people of Spark at Italy they have terrible customers support
I had good customer support with them…not huge troubles with the exhaust, just little things that if you don’t have access to a good shop or can do some fabrication yourself you might want to stick with the Akrapovich Race exhaust.

The Spark SBK exhaust is built for a true race bike, so that means some cutting on your fairings, some work drilling and tapping some adjuster screws to make the kickstand work with it, and the lower left rear can blows 2500 degree exhaust onto your street swingarm and left heel lol

So we’ll be fabricating a heat deflector shield that I think we’ll be attaching to my lower rearset bracket…I have the Attack Performance rearsets that luckily have enough meat on the brackets to do so, other rearset you couldn’t I think.

so it depends on what you want, if you want what’s probably the best true race exhaust out there that’s easily attainable but don’t mind some custom fab work to make it work get the Spark SBK…..if you want plug and play get the full titanium race Akra or Termi

FOGGY

HI Steve Any photos with the spark exhaust and sound impresions? Are you happy with the exhaust? Thank you.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member

FOGGY

THANK YOU GRAIG THANK YOU STEVEN BOTH BIKES ARE A M A Z I N G.
Steve how you solve the kickstand problem?
Graig. Where did you buy the curved extension of the left pipe? THANK YOU GUYS.

craig bush

That extension was fabricated. My builder (@MOTION SBK) has coordinated with Spark (who are reportedly responsive) and had them send a re-worked section of tubing that re-directs that left muffler down away from the swingarm so the custom downturn might not be necessary.

Steven777

the kickstand was an easy fix, we just put a screw in the tab where the kickstand comes to rest to make a little space at the other end.

Interestingly on the Spark SBK Exhaust, the angle of the left pipe near the left heel, even after 5 or 6 track days I’ve never had a heat issue there…but Craig definately did.

only two possible reasons for that, my exhaust was pulled right out of the race team’s inventory, one noticeable difference is a honeycomb shaped guard that’s on Craigs exhaust but not on mine…I think that honey comb guard diffuses the exhaust air jet enough to make it hit Craig’s heel and swingarm, whereas on mine the jet of air flows at a perfect angle and width to avoid both my heel and swingarm.

alternatively my pipe might be at a slightly different angle.
E1ED2CE0-D178-4EB6-BA6C-A705920C7E66.jpeg2A2BE5AC-C5C6-4F5B-9915-8D4A8B54D8E5.jpeg

2B9BB57C-8C9B-4045-AA6B-7B98736C2CBD.jpeg9D7DEAA3-CA65-45C5-91E2-03463AD50E72.jpeg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
At the end of the season I switched to a FullSix CF fairing setup, FKR 108 from fork inserts, and the Ohlins TTX GP rear shock. Custom cut raised flare RaceSeat.

looks like this now:

View attachment 11093

View attachment 11100
View attachment 11095View attachment 11096

View attachment 11099
Hi Steven777,
Wow, your bike has evolved a lot since you start upgrading it. I bet it felt more track focus and also become a more potent machine now.
How do you feel now with the Superleggera-style dual winglet? Does it provide a very noticeable higher down-force compared to your previous 2020 V4R/S single winglet setup?

Steven777

Hi Steven777,
Wow, your bike has evolved a lot since you start upgrading it. I bet it felt more track focus and also become a more potent machine now.
How do you feel now with the Superleggera-style dual winglet? Does it provide a very noticeable higher down-force compared to your previous 2020 V4R/S single winglet setup?
Yes, the Superlegggera Wings are probably the most aerodynamically advanced wings ever created and raced for a motorcycle.

They were banned from racing because the other teams were behind on development.

This particular iteration is the highest downforce configuration, frontend is noticeably more planted on long hard accelerations. Honestly I don’t think the 2020 single winglet does much, certainly not anything noticeable below 130 mph, but the Superleggera wings do.

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Nice job Steven! You’re braver than I riding with all the carbon, for sure she’d be sliding the moment I put carbon fairings on mine 😂

Steven777

Nice job Steven! You’re braver than I riding with all the carbon, for sure she’d be sliding the moment I put carbon fairings on mine 😂
Don’t jinx me lol

on a more serious note, I’ve been in a few hinky situations on the bike now and recovered it, and am managing loss of traction pretty well on the bike so I’m a bit more comfortable about keeping it upright haha

also I got the fairings at a fire sale from a guy moving his shop to another state…$4600 fairings and a $2500 tank for $3k total, I’ll sell one of my tanks for $1500 now that I have two, so net net I spent about $1500 for the fairings, so I won’t get sick over trashing $5k worth off fairings god forbid.