2022 WSBK Ducati V4R F22

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Here are a couple pictures from the Portimao test.
Couple things I noticed while drooling over the factory bike.
New design for the tank.

New swingarm with more bracing on the bottom. Brake caliper located at the top of the disc.
The front sprocket now has a pickup on it. Wonder what they are measuring? 🤔

Last edited:

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Eagle eyed observations.. I'm gonna hazard a guess and say the sensor on the front sprocket is gathering data on loss of drive/grip by comparing data of how much the rear wheel is spinning?
Bautista commented theres been some ergonomic changes.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Eagle eyed observations.. I'm gonna hazard a guess and say the sensor on the front sprocket is gathering data on loss of drive/grip by comparing data of how much the rear wheel is spinning?
Bautista commented theres been some ergonomic changes.
Possibly. Normally you use the front wheel vs rear wheels speed to account for spin. This is interesting for sure.
I believe the rear caliper is the Brembo billet P2.24. I've had one of those very nice and super light.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Notice the new rotor design with the cooling fins. Pretty cool. Pun intended lol
1647543977575.png
1647544181066.png

Last edited:

bp_SFV4

Interesting that it has the older bigger wigs. Still a wider and taller rear tank profile.

I'm starting to think the new(er) Ducati tank profiles are a result of some regulation for homologation.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Interesting that it has the older bigger wigs. Still a wider and taller rear tank profile.

I'm starting to think the new(er) Ducati tank profiles are a result of some regulation for homologation.
Based on the rules the parts must “resemble”the factory equivalents. But if you think about it the Corse swingarm looks nothing like the OEM unit lol. Sure it’s single sided but that’s it. So basically as long as the other teams don’t protest you it’s kinda free reign.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
The 2022 bikes have the smaller wings though. It looks closer to a 2021 than a 2022.
Right. They also allow you to run a bike up to 3 years old. I think this rule was in place for the teams that were buying the factory teams old bikes.
Being based on the V4R that hasn't got the facelift yet.
Here are a couple more.

Last edited: