2018 Panigale V4s Throttle Body Sync

chiefjonny

I'm asking again because I contacted OBD star to see if their tool did the throttle body sync, I had to remove them from the bike and it states that the must be re synced once put back together, can anyone tell me what tool I can use to achieve this, so far Melcodiag and OBD star are out ?

Both tools above can do reset but not sync ?

Thoughts

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Did you took out the sensors (I believe the throttle position sensor) from it's mounted position? If not, I don't think you need to sync again.
I once took apart my throttle body just so I can replace every bolts (that have titanium size alternative), and I don't have to sync the throttle body again. It starts right away without any issues.

Bruce Wayne

I'm asking again because I contacted OBD star to see if their tool did the throttle body sync, I had to remove them from the bike and it states that the must be re synced once put back together, can anyone tell me what tool I can use to achieve this, so far Melcodiag and OBD star are out ?

Both tools above can do reset but not sync ?

Thoughts
Can i ask where it states that? They don't require sync unless you replace them, we've removed from our racebikes many times and never had to resync.

chiefjonny

Did you took out the sensors (I believe the throttle position sensor) from it's mounted position? If not, I don't think you need to sync again.
I once took apart my throttle body just so I can replace every bolts (that have titanium size alternative), and I don't have to sync the throttle body again. It starts right away without any issues.
I didn't take the sensors off just unplugged everything to get full access.