Want to go +2 in the Rear

ferociious

Hey guys,

Who here has gone +2 in the rear? Did it affect electronics? I believe mph/kmh would give off inaccurate speeds as well. But im more concerened with traction control etc. I would like to keep the front sprocket stock at 16.

I am in the middle of purchasing a quick change kit, and my last decision is between stock size 41 or +2 in the rear for the quicker acceleration at the expense of top speed. My logic is i'll never really get the bike to the top speeds it already has and would rather have the nicer acceleration boost.

Would love to hear everyones thoughts.

Thanks!

bp_SFV4

There's a final drive/tire calibration you can do in the menu. Its an easy process, you just start off and get to second gear and hold 30MPH until it tells you to stop.

Speed and traction control won't be effected. You could drop the front down 1 tooth and keep the stock chain if you wanted to save money which I think is near the same effect.

jan buijk

so if I understand correctly, it is not necessary to calibrate, if you have 1 tooth less on the front sprocket? correct ?, it's only necessary if you change a different high of a tyre