Upgrading the ‘23 V4R front end

Spooky

These are the billet CNC master cylinder, they are really good quality i just bought the 18x18 to try.
Did you try it yet? I assumed you meant the 19x18.

I’ve bought the 19x18 CNC master to try out of curiosity - if I don’t like it then it will be perfect for a brake upgrade on my SportClassic.

I went for Extreme Components clip-ons - they have the cut-out for the locating lug on the OEM upper triple, which is handy, plus the mounting point for the steering damper. They look like they are good quality.

image0 2.jpeg

The Jetprime QA and throttle arrived but they put the wrong size screws in the box, so fitting it all on the bike will have to wait until the correct screws arrive…

The GP4-MS with fins are now available to order. Whether they actually arrive on the suggested date is another matter of course. I’m tempted to treat myself because they look cool but I’m not sure they would actually be an upgrade. Titanium pistons for the OEM Stylema might be better (or with the GP4-MS). What’s the recommended option for titanium pistons (I’m in the EU and would ideally buy within the EU).

GP4-RR are available in 100mm and I guess they would be an upgrade, although an older design. Different offset if I understand correctly.

Accossato calipers seem reasonable value with the correct offset and titanium pistons. 34+38 pistons though.

GP4-LM are more than I’d want to pay.

I’d guess upgrading calipers to anything other than 4x30mm pistons would mean bypassing ABS would be essential? I presume it’s based on assumptions about piston size and increasing that (at all or significantly?) would be a problem for the electronics?

Bruce Wayne

Did you try it yet? I assumed you meant the 19x18.

I’ve bought the 19x18 CNC master to try out of curiosity - if I don’t like it then it will be perfect for a brake upgrade on my SportClassic.

I went for Extreme Components clip-ons - they have the cut-out for the locating lug on the OEM upper triple, which is handy, plus the mounting point for the steering damper. They look like they are good quality.

View attachment 13716

The Jetprime QA and throttle arrived but they put the wrong size screws in the box, so fitting it all on the bike will have to wait until the correct screws arrive…

The GP4-MS with fins are now available to order. Whether they actually arrive on the suggested date is another matter of course. I’m tempted to treat myself because they look cool but I’m not sure they would actually be an upgrade. Titanium pistons for the OEM Stylema might be better (or with the GP4-MS). What’s the recommended option for titanium pistons (I’m in the EU and would ideally buy within the EU).

GP4-RR are available in 100mm and I guess they would be an upgrade, although an older design. Different offset if I understand correctly.

Accossato calipers seem reasonable value with the correct offset and titanium pistons. 34+38 pistons though.

GP4-LM are more than I’d want to pay.

I’d guess upgrading calipers to anything other than 4x30mm pistons would mean bypassing ABS would be essential? I presume it’s based on assumptions about piston size and increasing that (at all or significantly?) would be a problem for the electronics?
Haven't tried it yet, it's an 18x18 will hopefully get a chance next couple of months, im still recovering from a MX crash my shoulder is not great. I have a set of GP4 MS calipers on the V2 i fitted titanium piston. V2 is all finished just need a new shoulder to let me ride it

IMG_20240405_131207.jpgIMG_20240405_125814.jpg

Spooky

Haven't tried it yet, it's an 18x18 will hopefully get a chance next couple of months, im still recovering from a MX crash my shoulder is not great. I have a set of GP4 MS calipers on the V2 i fitted titanium piston. V2 is all finished just need a new shoulder to let me ride it
Looks great. (y)

I’ll be very interested to hear what you think of the 18x18.

Hopefully I’ll get my 19x18 fitted soon and see how it is with my OEM Stylema.

Get well soon!

So, my upgrade options seem to be:

- Titanium pistons on the Stylema as they are plenty good enough.

- GP4-MS - probably no noticeable performance benefit but pretty with the fins (non-finned models about 500 Euros cheaper and actually available rather than hopefully by the end of June… but we all know what Brembo have been like).

- GP4-RR - come with Titanium pistons as far as I am aware and also 100mm, but I suspect they would not be a good idea with ABS in place as they use much larger pistons?