Panigale V4 gps module

Apuca

Hi all,
I’ve just purchased the gps module for the V4. I’m interested in mounting it in the front nose and was wondering if anyone has mounted the system in general and if they’ve placed it in the rear or front. I have carbon fiber rear cowl and parts, from what I understand it does block signal as it is a conductive material. So my only option is in the front. Track season is almost up us!! At least up in the Northeast

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,
I’ve just purchased the gps module for the V4. I’m interested in mounting it in the front nose and was wondering if anyone has mounted the system in general and if they’ve placed it in the rear or front. I have carbon fiber rear cowl and parts, from what I understand it does block signal as it is a conductive material. So my only option is in the front. Track season is almost up us!! At least up in the Northeast
Hi Apuca,
My 2020 bike model have the GPS mounted in the tail location, but my tail fairing is made from plastic (factory tail fairing) so I guess that is why it is possible to mount the GPS module under the plastic tail fairing, picture below of my bike,
IMG_0797.JPG

I also notice on the V4 SUPERLEGGERA with CARBON fiber tail fairing, they have an open cut out for the GPS module (GPS module also mounted in the tail)...
so maybe if the V4 SUPERLEGGERA tail CARBON Fiber fairing can fit your bike (which I think it can), you can buy it so you can still mount your GPS module in the tail.

The V4 SUPERLEGGERA Rear Fairing Part# 48212681AA

and below is the drawing from the V4 SUPERLEGGERA Spare Parts Catalog:
1615651605310.png

and below is the picture of the V4 SUPERLEGGERA tail

1615651747873.png

Apuca

Hi Apuca,
My 2020 bike model have the GPS mounted in the tail location, but my tail fairing is made from plastic (factory tail fairing) so I guess that is why it is possible to mount the GPS module under the plastic tail fairing, picture below of my bike,
View attachment 3245

I also notice on the V4 SUPERLEGGERA with CARBON fiber tail fairing, they have an open cut out for the GPS module (GPS module also mounted in the tail)...
so maybe if the V4 SUPERLEGGERA tail CARBON Fiber fairing can fit your bike (which I think it can), you can buy it so you can still mount your GPS module in the tail.

The V4 SUPERLEGGERA Rear Fairing Part# 48212681AA

and below is the drawing from the V4 SUPERLEGGERA Spare Parts Catalog:
View attachment 3246

and below is the picture of the V4 SUPERLEGGERA tail

View attachment 3247
That would work, only issue is the color. The v4 is is a shade darker than the subsequent Superleggera’s Grand Prix red. I may need to check the front cowl support. I do like the opening in the rear cowl

Apuca

So I received the GPS kit today, of course with no instructions. Does anyone have the instructions or know where I can source them online?

Thanks in advance

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi Apuca,
I only have this information,
Screenshots from the V4 service manual section "refitting the rear subframe" related to installing the GPS module below, hope this will help.

1615847407591.png1615847427561.png

1615847461545.png1615847496835.png

1615847528420.png1615847554923.png
1615847577985.png