Gas splash

Brooklynv4

Last year a couple of times at high speed upper triple digits when I let go of the throttle file sprayed from underneath the tank all over my left leg I eliminated the evap canister and took the bike to the dealer they said my purge valve was open they closed it and took it out for a test run and yet again it happened any thoughts on what it could be. Thanks again for your help

MaverickiB

Did you eliminate the evap canister yourself? It is possible the tubing was not affixed properly and the gas overflow line isn't aimed at the belly pan. Does your gas cap hiss or pop from pressure when you open it? Normally gas shouldn't go out the overflow on deceleration, but if you have a positive pressure in your tank, it could be blasting gas out that line when fuel gets there.

I'd take a look at the hose routing and double check things. Also, the line from the purge valve should be completely plugged. Most people use a bolt. You can eliminate the purge valve entirely with a purge valve eliminator plug from smart-moto. They sell an evap delete kit with one.