Squeezing The Lemon

topolino

It seems Ducati are going all out to milk even more money from potential customers with the announcement today that they are releasing two replicas based on the Panigale V4 platform of Pecco Bagnaia's bike and Alvaro Bautista's. Essentially a paint job and a clear coated signature signed by the rider on the tank, plus a sprinkling from their accessories parts bin. Price? A snip at £55,995! (around US$66,074 at current exchange rates)

2e34edd4-197a-4059-8404-7ccd8a0a4cbc.jpg

First, here's the blurb:

For the first time in Ducati's history we are World Champions in both major championships: MotoGP® e WSBK®. To mark this occasion, we produced two unique bikes: two series of super special Panigale V4, featuring the liveries of Pecco Bagnaia no. 63 and Álvaro Bautista no. 19. As a tribute to Ducati's founding date, 1926, these were produced in an extremely limited quantity, just 260 units each. Each tank will be autographed in original by our champion to create a unique and inimitable bike. These exclusive bikes will be assigned with priority to the most loyal and passionate Ducatisti with a maximum of one per type per client.

Here's the spec list:

Dedicated equipment vs Panigale V4 S 2023
  • Replica of the livery of the bike that won the MotoGP® / SBK® 2022 World Championship
  • Top triple clamp with bike name and progressive number
  • Brushed aluminium fuel tank (only for Bautista no.19 racing livery)
  • Fuel tank personally signed by Pecco no. 63 or Bautista no. 19
  • Racing plexiglas
  • Akrapovič type approved silencer
  • Rear exhaust pipes heat shield in carbon fibre
  • STM-EVO SBK 9-discs dry clutch
  • Adjustable rider foot-pegs in billet aluminium by Rizoma with carbon fibre heel guards
  • Brembo Stylema R callipers
  • Brembo MCS master cylinder with remote adjuster
  • Machined brake and clutch levers
  • Front and rear carbon fibre mudguards
  • Carbon fibre front brakes cooling air ducts
  • Swinging arm cover in carbon fibre and titanium
  • Carbon fibre generator protection cover
  • Single seat configuration
Additional equipment
  • Ducati Data Analyser+ (DDA+)
  • Special dedicated bike cover
  • Certificate of authenticity
  • Special dedicated motorcycle shipping crate
Additional equipment not for road use
  • Carbon fibre open clutch cover
  • License plate holder removing kit
  • Billet aluminium mirror removing kit
  • Billet aluminium racing fuel tank cap
e317e24d-ead0-43d2-8997-9d90a5487474.jpg

b5373727-7fd0-4ba9-9cfb-2e558bbe3f73.jpg

topolino

I wonder if each rider ACTUALLY hand signs each of the 260 tanks for his replica model. Jury is out on that one.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
During Bayliss/Bostrom era of 998, they actually went to the factory to sign those tanks personally, but I believe they can only do some of the tanks before the smell of the paint was overwhelming to them... I think I read about this when Ben Bostrom himself comment at one of the bring the trailer action of 998 Bostrom replica

Spooky

Motoxpricambi already sells Moto GP22 and WSBK replica sticker kits.
I’m not looking to get that but are Moxoxpricambi a good supplier in terms of parts quality and figment and the paint job they do for painted fairing kits?