New Helmet

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
I thought I would post a pic of my new Corsair X as it is called in America. It was on special at Revzilla. Original price $979 USD and down to $499 USD. I did not really need it but I like the colours so a Christmas present for myself. Got a darker tint visor for it too. I already own a Ducati Products one from 2012 which was a Corsair V. Then about 2 years ago bought a Gloss white Corsair X. So now I have 3 Arai Corsair. I like the fact they are hand made.

IMG_4958.jpgIMG_4959.jpg

Andy7

Staff member
Very nice, is the Corsair X America’s branding for the Rx7v? Because that was a super comfortable helmet when I tried it on and probably the one I go for next 👌🏼
I was told they are the safest compared to all the other brands when tested in crash simulations (very hard to apply to individual situations though).

PanigalePilot

Staff member
Very nice, is the Corsair X America’s branding for the Rx7v? Because that was a super comfortable helmet when I tried it on and probably the one I go for next 👌🏼
I was told they are the safest compared to all the other brands when tested in crash simulations (very hard to apply to individual situations though).
Yes that is correct. My solid gloss white version (White helmets have been shown to be the most visible of all colours) which I purchased here has RX7V on the back. This one has RX X. They are exactly the same helmet.

In regards safety, Arai are very careful how they create the shape and how they design the protrusions. This is to minimise twisting of the head when sliding or glancing blows during a crash. At the end of the day any full face is better than no helmet.