Factory Ducati Wsbk champions

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Inspiring end to the season for Chaz and Scott. I think it’s a shame the #7 won’t be able to continue with the team next year. I admire his style and development on the V4R this year. Found some great form which made for some intense races especially in the second half of the shortened championship.

Let’s hope Dovi can chase down the other contenders and retire(?) on top.

EBE37E6E-5AB8-46D5-9A82-AAB6283C7687.jpeg

Pete T

Staff member
Chaz gave Aruba the teams Championship, snatching it from the Kawasaki guys in the very last meeting of the year. Apart from that he has been solid most of the year while getting to grips with what is undeniably a tricky bike to set up and has been outstanding in races during the latter half of the season. Came a dominant third in the rider championship - daylight was fourth and his team mate just one place ahead in second - and was consistently and obviously growing in confidence on the bike since mid way through the season.

Ducati: nah, thanks, see ya.

Pretty shabby treatment. But consistent with what we see in MotoGP from Ducati.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Chaz gave Aruba the teams Championship, snatching it from the Kawasaki guys in the very last meeting of the year. Apart from that he has been solid most of the year while getting to grips with what is undeniably a tricky bike to set up and has been outstanding in races during the latter half of the season. Came a dominant third in the rider championship - daylight was fourth and his team mate just one place ahead in second - and was consistently and obviously growing in confidence on the bike since mid way through the season.

Ducati: nah, thanks, see ya.

Pretty shabby treatment. But consistent with what we see in MotoGP from Ducati.
Good points but chaz also had a extra year on the bike. With his same team for the last 3 years. Redding came in with a all new team and new bike. IMO Chaz should have won more races and Scott should have come 3rd.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guys, do you think Rea will be champion again next year, or it will be Ducati's time?

Andy7

Staff member
Hi Guys, do you think Rea will be champion again next year, or it will be Ducati's time?
He’s getting a new bike so it’s a good question, after reading how Bautista struggled with the electronics on the new fireblade this year it’ll be interesting to see how Rea adapts/what kawasaki can provide. If the V4R is allowed some extra rpm again it’ll benefit Scott for sure - we’ve seen what it can really do last year before the restrictions.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
The rumor is that Kawasaki’s new bike has a similar chassis just more power.
If that’s the case I’m sure it will be competitive out the gate.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I think we can rely on it having wings like all the others 😂
This is ironic because in the 1990's I remember I bought a t-shirt with this exact picture on it, basically saying (in Italian language I believe) TO FLY WITHOUT WINGS with a picture of a 916:
1603930375297.jpeg

And now Ducati have wings although it still can't fly 🤪

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Wings are a must these days. I remember the head designer of Mclaren got destroyed for designing wings for his Ducati. He was 9 years too early lmao. Funny how you never know whos behind the keyboard.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Wings are a must these days. I remember the head designer of Mclaren got destroyed for designing wings for his Ducati. He was 9 years too early lmao. Funny how you never know whos behind the keyboard.

Talking about we never knew who is behind the keyboard...
are you implying that e---d-c might be a closet Lockheed Martin head designer? after all he mentioned his "aerospace" background ... nahhhh it can't be... can it be ??? 😅 🤪 🥴😵

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Talking about we never knew who is behind the keyboard...
are you implying that e---d-c might be a closet Lockheed Martin head designer? after all he mentioned his "aerospace" background ... nahhhh it can't be... can it be ??? 😅 🤪 🥴😵
Definitely not lmao.

Pete T

Staff member
He’s getting a new bike so it’s a good question, after reading how Bautista struggled with the electronics on the new fireblade this year it’ll be interesting to see how Rea adapts/what kawasaki can provide. If the V4R is allowed some extra rpm again it’ll benefit Scott for sure - we’ve seen what it can really do last year before the restrictions.
I must have missed this. What sort of restrictions? Just on v4r or across the board?

Andy7

Staff member
After Bautista went on his winning spree the first half of last season there was a slight rpm limit imposed on Ducati plus they weren’t allowed to adapt their tune and engine components which kinda stalled their progress. To be completely honest I don’t know how much things were reigned in but it had a fairly obvious result that was enough for rea to end up winning. Props to him on his consistency being able to win on a bike that’s far older than all the competition tho.