CNC left hand 8 button switch help needed

Hi all,

I am trying to install the CNC racing left hand switch for the v4. When I plug it in, it is like the bike doesn’t see it. Hazards just flash. When I look at the CNC plug it has only 3 pins, but my wire harness plug OEM has this third Orange wire that goes nowhere And is sealed. Does anyone think that this may be my problem and what this orange wire does? This is suppose to be plug and play, but isnThanks for you help in advance.

Josh

1263C18C-B8D3-4929-9770-AEAA4D5652CA.jpegDB2B7BAA-F95D-4ABA-950C-0142D4206235.jpeg6C31F364-BDB5-407F-B4BD-EAD7AB89886F.jpeg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I am trying to install the CNC racing left hand switch for the v4. When I plug it in, it is like the bike doesn’t see it. Hazards just flash. When I look at the CNC plug it has only 3 pins, but my wire harness plug OEM has this third Orange wire that goes nowhere And is sealed. Does anyone think that this may be my problem and what this orange wire does? This is suppose to be plug and play, but isnThanks for you help in advance.

Josh
Hi Josh,
I haven't installed mine, however today similar things happened to me.
I turn on the ignition and then test the hazard (on the stock left hand switches). It worked.
I then turn off the ignition and since the hazard still on, I tried to turn it off but failed.
I then turn on the ignition again, and now I am able to turn off the hazard.

So maybe try turn on your ignition key and please test and see if everything function normally again.
Please let me know if it work because I plan to install mine soon (mine is not from CNC racing, but has similar configuration).

Thanks. I tried and didn’t work for me. The lights flash as the same when I unplug the stock switch and plug in this aftermarket one. I think the internal circuit board is not functioning. I took it apart trying and plugged the pins in directly to the stock plug to make sure I got a connection. Everything is in plugged correctly just not functioning. Wonder if jet prime or CNC could replace the board. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I just ordered a jet prime left hand switch from HSBC warhorse racing. If it works I will let you know. Contacted Jetprime and CNC and they are willing to repair, but don’t know how much that is going to cost and then I have to ship to Italy. They will not sell me the circuit board only :(. Maybe I just will keep the CNC as a back up if I ever damage the jetprime housing and just swap over the wiring. Pretty bummed since the CNC one was the Pramac limited version.