Brembo RCS 19 and Fren Tubo upgrade

JHTmcrider

Getting ready to swap out the OEM Brembo master cylinder with the Brembo RCS 19 unit from Motomillion. Also on the schedule are the carbon lines with ABS from Fren Tubo.

Any advice on the bleeding procedures? I picked up a Stahlbus bleeder to help, but was wondering if I'll have any issues? Saw some vid on YouTube about leaving the bike in the "on" position?

Thanks in advance.

bp_SFV4

I think the idea is keeping the bike in a key-on status effects the ABS pump. But, I highly doubt this effects the bleed process, or that a key-on status changes the ABS pump at all beyond the initial key-on phase.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Swapped out the RCS-19 for the RCS-17 Corsa Corta. Got quite a bit of feedback from other folks on the Panigale forum that the 19 is best for non-M50 calipers.
Both can be used it’s a matter of preference.
In these situations a lot of the people telling you to change it have never used both.
Either way the which ever master you pick it will be a upgrade from factory.

Max

In these situations a lot of the people telling you to change it have never used both.
i have not ridden both and i am interested in changing my master cylinders as well. i have a 2021 panigale v4s with stock brake calipers and at the moment do not have any intentions of changing the brake calipers. I am interested the most feel as possible as that is why im swapping my master cylinders. I have been looking at the corsa cora in both 17 and 19, the superleggera ms19.21 (not sure if this will work with the non R stylema tho, and the brembo 19x16. I also plan on changing my clutch i do not want to spend 2k for cylinders i dont mind the 300-500 range that these parts are in if you could please advise i would greatly appreciate it

JHTmcrider

You wouldn't happen to have some pics of the way you routed your brake lines and any other details? My kit looks like its for a different bike.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
You wouldn't happen to have some pics of the way you routed your brake lines and any other details? My kit looks like its for a different bike.
The kit is routed just like factory minus the bracket you have to remove. Make sure you are using the right brakeline in the right place. They have those yellow flag labels on them.

Last edited:

JHTmcrider

That is one nice updated Ducati you have! I am really wanting that Full Six sub-frame!

My brake lines are all in and comparing them to your pics, looks like Fren Tubo has made some changes to their production standards.

Only one line came with a yellow band, and that is for the rear caliper line. The others were not marked and the line you have with the -8 AN fitting on the intermediate line to the rear brake, is on my front line. I was thinking it had to go somewhere else, but after 4 hours of playing around, I finally settled on the front of the bike.

I ordered another set from Motomillion and I am gonna take a peek at what the next shipment looks like. I'll have them for spares, which I hope I'll never need.

Thanks again for the support!

JHTmcrider

The one for the rear with the yellow marking is about 2 ft. long.

The one that matches up exactly with the rear brake and ABS controller:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
The one for the rear with the yellow marking is about 2 ft. long.

(This would be the line that goes to the rear caliper)

The one that matches up exactly with the rear brake and ABS controller:

(This is the right line for the rear master)

Looks like the rear is routed correctly. They changed the line that goes to the rear master. Mine was the direct thread style.