Anyone know where to buy this Ducati factory Wheel Balancing Weights?

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hello, I need help. If anyone know here know where to buy this Ducati factory Wheel Balancing Weights, please kindly let me know.
My front wheel was missing the balancing weights from new and I believe it must have dropped during shipment because at one point, few blocks of the balancing weight on my rear wheel were falling off too, so the glue must be weak (or was applied during very cold weather in Italy) 🤪
I had been trying to find any balancing weights but none looks as nice or the same as these from Ducati factory.
IMG_2291.JPGIMG_2290.JPG

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
I tried to find some of those last year and had no luck so I gave up. I had the parts manager ask Italy and they said they weren't for sale lol.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Isn't your bike more of a display piece anyways? I think it would look just a tiny bit cleaner if there were no wheel weights at all.
Yes, it is for display, but I prefer a fully working ready for road/track use functional display bike. (that is why I even bother change the springs for the Ohlins TTX-GP).
Plus, it had been close to 20 years since I manually balanced wheels for my customers (when I owned Aprilia distributorship in my country of origin), so I was thinking of buying a manual wheel balancing fixture and perform the balancing myself for fun and nostalgic purposes. 😉

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I tried to find some of those last year and had no luck so I gave up. I had the parts manager ask Italy and they said they weren't for sale lol.
Yes, I also tried to find it since last year and was unable to find it everywhere... but just now, I tried again and it must be pure luck because I was interested in this wheel weight from Hofmann:
1624746404267.png

and I went to Hofmann website and in their website, I FOUND IT @HKMP7 🤩🥳😂, all this happened in just 5 minutes ago, right after I replied to MaverickiB post above:
Link to website: https://www.hofmann-powerweight.com/us/products/adhesive-weight-type-706-chrome.html

Picture:

1624746525499.png