2019 V4 R Build

My first foray into the world of Ducati ownership, wanted to see if I could build something that rivaled a Superleggera without the price tag. I'm hoping to drop 30-35 pounds to get it into Superleggera territory weight-wise, so we'll see how it goes.

Bone stock off the showroom floor:

2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R (Front 1).jpg 2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R (Left Front 1).jpg 2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R (Left Rear 1).jpg

Finally wrapped-up, or more accurately stalled-out on, a few other projects including a Gen1 'Busa motor rebuild and the addition of an RCC Turbos Stage 2 kit and a little work on a Ninja H2 Carbon to 'wake it up' a bit.

I'll be posting some updates on some things that I've already done and a list of upcoming parts to go on the bike. the fun begins...

I do have to give kudos to both @BMW Alpina and @HKMP7 and their builds as they've obviously done a huge amount of 'homework' and research into parts, so I just piggy-backed on that knowledge when choosing some of the parts for my build. I doubt I'll get to their level but it gives me something to aim for.2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R (Front 1).jpg2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R (Left Front 1).jpg2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R (Left Rear 1).jpg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
My first foray into the world of Ducati ownership, wanted to see if I could build something that rivaled a Superleggera without the price tag. I'm hoping to drop 30-35 pounds to get it into Superleggera territory weight-wise, so we'll see how it goes.

Bone stock off the showroom floor:

View attachment 6682 View attachment 6683 View attachment 6684

Finally wrapped-up, or more accurately stalled-out on, a few other projects including a Gen1 'Busa motor rebuild and the addition of an RCC Turbos Stage 2 kit and a little work on a Ninja H2 Carbon to 'wake it up' a bit.

I'll be posting some updates on some things that I've already done and a list of upcoming parts to go on the bike. the fun begins...

I do have to give kudos to both @BMW Alpina and @HKMP7 and their builds as they've obviously done a huge amount of 'homework' and research into parts, so I just piggy-backed on that knowledge when choosing some of the parts for my build. I doubt I'll get to their level but it gives me something to aim for.
Thank you for your kind words and for starting 2 Builds Thread Simultaneously @MileHayabusa
I am sure every members of our forum can learn from your Builds and also from your experiences with other motorcycles.
You also had a complete pair of Ducati Highest Performing Road Bike in both the V4R and the SF V4 SP as the starting point which mean these 2 builds already have a very strong foundation from the start :love:
I can't wait to see more updates from your Builds (y)šŸ¤©

Builds are still ongoing...I've just been ordering and waiting, mostly waiting, on parts that were ordered back in late November. We just got 8" of snow the other day, so it's not like I'd be taking them out anyway.

I'll have some updates sometime in the near future, with any luck and a kick to the global delivery infrastructure! :sleep:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hello MileHayabusa,
How is your backlog of parts situation? I also still have a lot of back ordered parts,... even a GP4-MS caliper now back ordered up to June...
Hope you already have some parts coming ready for you to enjoy your spring ride :D

Since it's been almost 4 months on some of them I imagine they're not too far away but it's the same situation as you...hurry up and wait.

I have gotten a few things and have them all prepped for the V4 R and a good stash of parts coming along for the SF V4 SP, which should be here in May also, fingers crossed.

I've got some ceramic'ing to do and will throw up some pictures of those parts when I break them out to coat. The near 0 temps and weekly snow aren't helping my garage time either.